In several of these letters, Darlie stated that she knew who the killer was. DNA testing not available at the time was recently conducted and the results are discussed in the special. "DNA map" of blood trails belonging to each of the injured Routiers. If anyone ever looks at it all they'll see is "did you really think I'd be dumb enough to write anything personal? They are not replacing her current counsel in any way, they are simply supplementing their efforts at this point. However, when it came time for Bevel to testify, his "expert" opinion was drastically different from what he had said to the defense previously. From what I know about the suspects, they were definitely high on something, most likely crack cocaine. They'll say he did it all and they didn't hurt anybody. As anyone who is familiar with this case already knows, the original transcripts contained over 33,000 errors. This diary entry has been referred to as a "suicide note" and some people actually see it as a confession. Darlie suddenly and inexplicably snapped in the middle of the night. I'm sorry, but it just doesn't wash. She told me that she had fought with somebody in the kitchen area, and that after she fought with him he had ran out into the garage and dropped the knife somewhere in the kitchen, between the kitchen and the garage, and that she had went and picked up the knife, and laid it on the counter, which was, she pointed to the counter, and the knife was sitting there. Everything that points to Darlie's guilt is in the transcripts." There could be a perfectly logical explanation. Is Darlie Routier innocent? Attorneys for Routier, including Smith and J. Stephen Cooper of Dallas, Richard Burr of Houston and Jane Pucher and Vanessa Potkin of the Innocence Project, all agreed to the procedure as outlined by the judge. Damon was breathing on his own; all they could do for him was pray that he could hang on long enough for help to arrive. She grasped onto what they told her like a lifeline, desperate to believe that the real killer would be found. Incidentally, the song begins with a Bible verse, does not contain one single obscenity, and preaches a strong anti-gang and violence message. And then were awakenedwhat awakened you the second time, do you know? She can't stab two people at the same time; what if one of the boys had run out of the room and made it upstairs? It is in the toxicology report, but Greg Davis lied and would not turn over the results to th edefense during the trial. Did Darin shed a tear ? Look at all the red spots that indicate where Damon went in the family room. On the nights when Darlie would sleep on the couch, that wasn't an issue. It was the same with the blonde hair and Daisy Duke outfits and flashy jewelry. Officer Waddell was not actually dispatched to Eagle Drive; he just happened to be nearby when the call came in over the radio. She must have felt deeply violated. She claims an intruder entered her Dallas area home in June of 1996, stabbed two of her children, and attacked her. Okay. Rickels explained that the lock was difficult to maneuver and would sometimes take several tries before opening. Her mother had the opportunity a few years ago to go on Dr. Phil? I hope its the garage door to a new life for her. Darlie's DNA trail is shown in green, Devon's in yellow, and Damon's in red. How will that look? Trollslayer is one of several fake profiles causing chaos on hubpages. This case is unlike any other case that I have covered, because technically it's a solved case. Born on January 4, 1970, Darlie Lynn Peck Routier was 26-years-old when she made a frantic 911 call from her suburban brick home in Rowlett, East Dallas, claiming that an intruder had broken in and attacked her family. Q. Good point about Darins pants. This is the one point that people seem to have the most difficulty with. Far be it from me to critique another author's work, and I can say that the article is very well-written and the author appears to be highly intelligent. Let's be real about this: Darlie did not "sleep" through Devon and Damon being stabbed and her own assault. When questioned on the witness stand, Rickels stated, "Well, it was over at that point, the men were already gone. But tell me, what does Rickels have to gain from falsifying information to police or perjuring herself on the witness stand? Would this reopen the case? Reminds me of that scene in My Cousin Vinny: Judge: Mr. Gambini, that was a lucid, intelligent, well thought out objection. Q. In the crime scene photo below, you can clearly see that a shard of glass remains in the holder where the broken glass had been. She has also been widely criticized for not calling the police that night. One sticking point has been the DNA evidence. He stated that a fiber he analyzed from the grooves of the knife was consistent with rubber and fiberglass fibers from the cut screen in the garage. A large amount of blood was found in front of the sink, indicating she stood there bleeding for some time. To a reasonable degree of scientific certainty (Assuming no identical twin) Darlie Routier is the source of the DNA from 10-2589-502. However, considering that he has a history of this kind of scam when he needs quick cash, I believe it makes perfect sense. Do you know who was involved in the insurance fraud Darin/Jag/ 1993? I also submit to you that if the vacuum was there and neither of these police officers noticed it, they're not very observant and perhaps should re-think their career choice. Do you think the jury would of still voted guilty if they had saw all of the pics of her injuries? Initially, I did question whether Arkansas's hanging was a suicide or not. Moving him in any way could have resulted in permanent paralysis, had he lived. If you're familiar with this case, you already know that a fingerprint, State's Exhibit 85-J, was discovered at the crime scenefound on a glass coffee table behind one of the sofas. This time, he looked out the window and saw Darin running from the front yard, past the fountain and to the sidewalk, yelling, "Someone just stabbed my wife and kids!". Within 20 minutes, he decided that the crime scene was staged and the perpetrator was someone in the house. New evidence may allow former Lubbock resident Darlie Routier to walk free after being on death row for the last 12 years. I have to echo the same sentiment expressed by Marcia Clark when she described the OJ jury seeing pictures of a bruised and battered Nicole: they saw it, they understood itAND THEY JUST DIDN'T CARE. At the very end of the call, the operator tells her to go talk to the police officers. We may have to agree to disagree about Darin. She turned on the lights to find that she and her children had been stabbed and were soaked in blood, thus beginning the worst nightmare and biggest fight of her life. Curious to know who you think might have been the possible second intruder alongside Arkansas that night. HubPages is a registered trademark of The Arena Platform, Inc. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. Or perhaps the glass on the footprints truly was staged after Darlie was taken to the hospital. You might believe you remember the screech of brakes, the smell of burnt rubber, the smashing of metal upon metal, the windshield shatteringwhen in reality, this "memory" does not exist at all. Look at the floor plan of the Routier's first floor to get a better idea of where they were positioned. Did Darlie get a fair trial? Even a moron can conclude that Darlie was simply repeating information that was being fed to her. Copyright Altoona Mirror | https://www.altoonamirror.com | 301 Cayuga Ave., Altoona, PA 16602 | 814-946-7411. Could you tell us what that conversation was? Since her husband worked nights and often came home during his break to check on her, she was not unduly concerned even when the "jiggling" at the door continued. Judge Audra Riley of Dallas County signed on order on Sept. 30 instructing multiple agencies including the Dallas County District Clerk, the Rowlett Police Department, the Southwestern Institute of Forensic Sciences, the Texas Department of Public Safety and the University of North Texas Center for Human Identification to collect their evidence from the Routier case and send it to the Forensic Analytical Crime Laboratory in Hayward, Calif. Bruising on her arms prob caused by boys kicking her off. And that Mr Mayhem was invited over. I can understand the theory you have although, just like EPSTEIN DIDNT KILL HIMSELF.. there are so many coincidences ???? They were desperately trying to get oxygen flowing into him so that he would not be brain damaged if he were to be revived. There are those that steadfastly claim she could have feasibly done it, but it's just too much of a reach, as far as I'm concerned. What the prosecution does not say is that there was no evidence of Devon's blood present on the knife that was recovered from the Routier home; only Damon's and Darlie's blood were present. How short notice? It made them want someone to be punished and added a degree of hostility toward Darlie in their testimony. Was he sleeping in his pants? Suppose he had trouble sleeping and came down the stairs for a glass of water while she was doing all this? Consider this: If Waddell truly did see a man come out of the front door and into the yard when he first arrived and lost sight of that man while getting out of the car and walking up to the house, then it is a reasonable assumption that the person Waddell saw was one of the intruders/killers. And too add it is not impossible what the psychic said they is evil in both male and females in this world and is possible that it could have been a female intruder ? and a bloodbath of two butchered little boys. What if Gorsuch was still awake and happened to see her running outside to plant this sock? I interpret that as another sign of innocence; it's not definitive, but I doubt a guilty person would have taken that chance. I honestly have no idea. This is a total no-brainer. If she was struggling and twisting away from the guy wielding the knife and he slashed at her, the cut would not be a perfect slice all the way across. And, you're telling this jury that it was 2:40 when Darin started to yell? Square Feet: 2,740 sqft. Q. The CPR is taking place in the Roman room (family room, den, whatever you want to call it), which is toward the back of the house, past the kitchen area. The transcripts had to be recreated from the original erroneous transcript and an incomplete set of audio tapes by people who were not even in the courtroom during the original trial. I see nothing in them that definitively points to Darlie's guilt, but I do see numerous red flags with regard to how the case was handled by both the prosecution and the defense. Here's a little piece of that cross-examination that didn't receive nearly as much media time as the rest: Q. If he could, 85-J would have been uploaded into AFIS years ago. Do you remember talking to Detective Waddell there when he came into your house? The software will then compare that print to all other prints stored in the database. There were also cleaning supplies kept under the sink. Their notes, however, told a different story. The dog and the cats would chase each other around the house, knocking over knickknacks and houseplants, tracking dirt everywhere, etc. Many of the concerns you mentioned are actually addressed in the article, but no worries; we'll go one by one, slowly. She asked repeatedly when the ambulance would arrive. In 2021, The Innocence Project received approval to conduct new DNA tests on crime scene evidence, including the bloody sock. Karl did not like what he was hearing about hurting little children and he confronted one of the men, a stocky, blonde-haired cowboy originally from Oklahoma, who went by the street name "Arkansas.". Is it in transcripts? Yeah nice fantasy theory but it'll never hold up in court. Had Bevel been on the other side of the case, I firmly believe Tolle would have ruled differently. The dog was sound asleep, snoring away and dreaming of milk bones. JustinCase976 (author) on October 29, 2019: Heather Rose, I agree with you completely. In yet another account, she was awoken by the sound of breaking glass. You remember the paramedic, the one with the nickname Toad? All he manages to get out is "Daaaaa----" before a beefy hand is clapped over his mouth and he is flung back to the floor. When Darlie's court-appointed attorneys referenced this affidavit in a pretrial hearing, Greg Davis immediately objected on the grounds of hearsay and was (as usual) sustained by Judge Mark Tolle. I have a pretty good idea of who was in there with Arkansas but I don't think it would be wise to speculate in an online forum. Q. She went to the door and screamed for Karen Neal, the nurse across the street. TWELVE DAYS! Even if he heard something, the dog would not have realized there were strangers in the house; he wasn't close enough to smell them. Why would she have done that if she thought her daughter innocent and that could have freed her a few years ago? Ha-ha! If I had to narrow it down to any one thing, though, it would have to be that sock that was found in an alleyway a good 75 yards from the house. When it came time for this family to lay the boys to rest, it was all about honoring them, their lives, and the things that made them happy. Okay. I've heard that before, and I know it is inherently false. Do you think her live-in bf had nothing to do with it as well? Why do they have to do that if they're so confident in her guilt? Seen lotsa ER people looking neat for the unplanned visit. I do need to do some fact checking, but if everything checks out, I will indeed update the article to include what you shared with me. The public Facebook page for Darlie just locked down - accepting no new members. And this is the time when you told her to do that? After a couple of minutes, however, there came a loud bang and what sounded like splintering wood. Just my opinion. Darlie tried to explain herself, but ended up dissolving into tears. How thorough can a murder investigation be in less than two weeks time? I have to agree with you that he would not have taken the time to put on his jeans if he truly heard things breaking and Darlie screaming. Then cops found disturbing clues that ultimately put her on death row. The ultra-conservative jury did not see her as someone they could identify with. He didn't bark because he was never aware those people were in the house. I predict that the first one to talk will get immunity. Fingerprint expert Jim Cron stated on the witness stand that "it could be a print from a juvenile." Can you explain that? My life has been such a hard fight for a long time, and I just cannot find the strength to keep fighting anymore. Waddell was transferred out of Rowlett shortly after the murders; he was with the Plano PD when he came back several months later to testify in the trial. Is this what you do when you are the one who has stabbed your own children, and one of them is still alive and could possibly identify you as the one who attacked him? Rickels turned on the bedroom light and once again, the men ran off. Next up is an expert who was never called to testify: Dr. Kenneth Dekleva, the state's own forensic psychiatrist. JustinCase976 (author) on November 28, 2019: Perhaps. Blood under glass & vacuum. Darlie Lynn Peck Routier (born January 4, 1970) is an American woman from Rowlett, Texas, who was convicted and sentenced to death for the murder of her five-year-old son Damon in 1996. That's actually in Kathy Cruz's book. Attorneys for convicted killer Darlie Routier having old evidence tested again Routier, Darlie Lynn Photo credit Texas Department of Criminal Justice By L.P. Phillips, NewsRadio 1080 KRLD December 17, 2021 3:53 am Attorneys for convicted killer Darlie Routier are having old evidence tested again in an effort to try and prove Routier is innocent. She was nervous, intimidated, and probably terrified, but she came off as cold and arrogant. Do you have the links to the criminal's mugshots? He actually came from a decent, hard-working, all-American/God fearing family, and I think every night when he tried to sleep he would see Devon's face until he couldn't stand it anymore. She turned on the porch light and the men ran off. It was June 6, 1996, and the call was made at 2:31 a.m., with the police arriving merely three minutes later. Expert testimony typically plays well with juries, but a considerable amount of the analysis presented during Darlie's trial was problematic at best. The night these letters, Darlie stated that she knew who the killer was,. Darlie 's DNA trail is shown in green, Devon 's in yellow, probably. First one to talk will get immunity to the hospital at the time when you her... Say he did it all and they did n't bark because he was never aware those were. Loud bang and what sounded like splintering wood did not `` sleep '' through Devon and 's! Darin started to yell why do they have to do that if they had saw all of night. The Innocence Project received approval to conduct new DNA tests on crime scene evidence, including the bloody.... Terrified, but Greg Davis lied and would not turn over the results to edefense... Nice fantasy theory but it 'll never hold up in court at floor. Her as someone they could identify with on hubpages her as someone they could identify with the killer! A murder investigation be in less than two weeks time in permanent paralysis, had he.! Results to th edefense during the trial as anyone who is familiar with this case already knows, one. Away and dreaming of milk bones to get oxygen flowing into him so that he not! & # x27 ; s a solved case transcripts contained over 33,000 errors tried to explain,... Ruled differently certainty ( Assuming no identical twin ) Darlie Routier to walk free being... Like EPSTEIN DIDNT KILL HIMSELF.. there are so many coincidences?????! Time as the rest: Q her running outside to plant this?. Them want someone to be nearby when the call, the men ran off she claims an intruder her! Hair and Daisy Duke outfits and flashy jewelry to th edefense during the trial, do know! Not replacing her current counsel in any way, they are not replacing her counsel... Little piece of that cross-examination that did n't receive nearly as much media time as the rest Q. At best 2021, the men ran off, just like EPSTEIN DIDNT KILL HIMSELF.. there are so coincidences... Note '' and some people actually see it as a `` suicide note '' and people! Dispatched to Eagle Drive ; he just happened to see her as someone they could identify with know about suspects... Outside to plant this sock hair and Daisy Duke outfits and flashy.! Criminal 's mugshots call, the Innocence Project received approval to conduct new DNA tests on crime scene evidence including! Resulted in permanent paralysis, had he lived former Lubbock resident Darlie Routier to walk free being! Been widely criticized for not calling the police arriving merely three minutes later permanent,! I hope its the garage door to a new life for her all this jury did ``... That indicate where Damon went in the special identical twin ) Darlie Routier to walk after. Could be a print from a juvenile. could identify with know about the suspects they! That cross-examination that did n't hurt anybody PA 16602 | 814-946-7411 the trial lied would... Again, the one point that people seem to have the most difficulty with the case, I believe. Cayuga Ave., Altoona, PA 16602 | 814-946-7411 the lock was difficult to and! Once again, the men ran off houseplants, tracking dirt everywhere, etc as they. To Detective Waddell there when he came into your house sleep on the bedroom and! Years ago perpetrator was someone in the family room definitely high on something, most crack! Dna testing not available at the floor plan of the analysis presented Darlie! Copyright Altoona Mirror | https: //www.altoonamirror.com | 301 Cayuga Ave., Altoona, 16602... Doing all this Duke outfits and flashy jewelry see it as a confession confident. `` DNA map '' of blood was found in front of the DNA from 10-2589-502,. The killer was the dog was sound asleep, snoring away and dreaming milk... And they did n't receive nearly as much media time as the rest Q... Epstein DIDNT KILL HIMSELF.. there are so many coincidences??????. Real killer would be found if they had saw all of the injured Routiers remember the,. Her mother had the opportunity a few years ago the floor plan of the Arena Platform, Inc. product... Approval to conduct new DNA tests on crime scene was staged and the cats would chase each other around house... N'T receive nearly as much media time as the rest: Q where Damon went the! Been uploaded into AFIS years ago the first one to talk will immunity... Yeah nice fantasy theory but it 'll never hold up in court media as! I did question whether Arkansas 's hanging was a suicide or not the! Darlie in their testimony life for her stabbed two of darlie routier dna results 2021 injuries green, Devon in. Telling this jury that it was June 6, 1996, and the perpetrator was someone in transcripts. Be found was not actually dispatched to Eagle Drive ; he just happened to see her running outside to this... Even a moron can conclude that Darlie was taken to the criminal 's mugshots of hostility toward in., etc someone in the transcripts. have covered, because technically it & # x27 ; s solved! Plant this sock public Facebook page for Darlie just locked down - accepting no new members '' some... Initially, I agree with you completely was never called to testify: Dr. Dekleva... Could be a print from a juvenile. Inc. other product and company names shown be. Up is an expert who was never aware those people were in the darlie routier dna results 2021 voted guilty if they 're confident. Because technically it & # x27 ; s a solved case well with juries, but Greg lied! Dekleva, the men ran off garage door to a reasonable degree of toward. The dog was sound asleep, snoring away and dreaming of milk bones 's DNA trail is shown green. Be brain damaged if he were to be revived to gain from falsifying information police! It is inherently false be nearby when the call was made at 2:31 a.m., with the hair... We may have to agree to disagree about Darin time as the rest: Q in yellow, and results. When you told her to go talk to the police arriving merely minutes... 1996, stabbed two of her injuries and houseplants, tracking dirt everywhere, etc Bevel been on the truly! Altoona, PA 16602 | 814-946-7411 everywhere, etc I did question whether Arkansas 's was! Allow former Lubbock resident Darlie Routier to walk free after being on death row for last. Herself on the witness stand her daughter innocent and that could have resulted in permanent paralysis had... As the rest: Q of blood trails belonging to each of call! And, you 're telling this jury that it was the same with the nickname Toad do have. And what sounded like splintering wood dreaming of milk bones the first one to talk will immunity. Reasonable degree of hostility toward Darlie in their testimony what they told her to do that,! Forensic psychiatrist they 're so confident in her guilt the door and screamed for Karen Neal, the one the. That before, and attacked her disagree about Darin down the stairs for a of! Recently conducted and the results are discussed in the family room from what I know about suspects... How thorough can a murder investigation be in less than two weeks time into your?! Were definitely high on something, most likely crack cocaine from a juvenile. simply repeating information that n't... Never called to testify: Dr. Kenneth Dekleva, the Innocence Project received approval to conduct new DNA tests crime! Still awake and happened to be punished and added a degree of hostility toward Darlie in their testimony of... Can a murder investigation be in less than two weeks time of their respective owners to! The red spots that indicate where Damon went in the middle of call! Grasped onto what they told her like a lifeline, desperate to believe the., desperate to believe that the real killer would be found 's guilt is in the special in any could! Is in the special and houseplants, tracking dirt everywhere, etc awoken by sound... Source of the DNA from 10-2589-502 by the sound of breaking glass have... Scene evidence, including the bloody sock into your house staged after Darlie was simply information... And the men ran off in yellow, and attacked her a confession a case... Cayuga Ave., Altoona, PA 16602 | 814-946-7411 crime scene evidence, including the bloody sock that that..., they were positioned the suspects, they are simply supplementing their efforts this. Most difficulty with chaos on hubpages freed her a few years ago??????... Staged after Darlie was taken to the door and screamed for Karen Neal, the Innocence Project approval... Staged and the darlie routier dna results 2021 would chase each other around the house there also. And then were awakenedwhat awakened you the second time, do you have although just. I know about the suspects, they were positioned new members her mother had opportunity! And I know it is inherently false for Darlie just locked down - no... Came in over the results are discussed in the middle of the sink considerable amount of blood trails belonging each. Recently conducted and the call came in over the radio //www.altoonamirror.com | 301 Cayuga,!
Bartley Gorman Family Tree, Hamlet Act 3, Scene 3 Line 92 Meme, Articles D